Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Concentration #8: Bullying

Bullying is a world spread problem just as much as racism or anything else that extreme. I think it shouldn't be taken lightly. I wanted it to be portrayed as something that is overcoming someone. completely taking over, in a depression kind-of state. To where that's all a person thinks about and is consumed by. I took photos of Ciara Delgado crouching in a corner for my reference pictures for this project. 




I chose to use charcoal so I could get value underneath the words that I soon planned to put on top of this picture. I was definitely scared and uneasy of what I was going to do with the background. I didn't want it to take away at all from the person (Ciara) or the words which was the whole point.  





I put water color as a wall and floor because somehow I always end up putting water color in my projects normally. I loved the shadows underneath and the way it seemed that she was in a big shadow herself. As shadows for the clothes and body and hair I used words that are hurtful or used in bullying situations. There wasn't a limit to what I used as words as this is the point of the project and what it stands for.





The most difficult part about this project was that I drew a person. I hate drawing people and I can't believe I went through with it. All in all, I am happy with the way this turned out. I loved the words and the way they looked like shadows from further away.

No comments:

Post a Comment