Thursday, January 8, 2015

#11 Bow

When I first found out that we had to do prisma color now drawings, I cried a little. I never have used prisma colored pencils before this class and the one time I did use them I didn't like the end result at all. 

When I started the bow I was so frustrated as I could not get it to blend right and look like the bow was curving or had highlights or anything. I put it away for a week and didn't even look at it. Then I took a different approach after watching a couple you tube videos and watching My class mates work on theirs. I layed down the white first and went over it with my lightest color next and progressively got darker. Only to add white again at the end. I had to force myself to be patient with it because of all the layering that it requires. 

When I started to get the hang of it, I really couldn't wait to finish it. I chose to only do one bow so I could make it really big and add a lot of detail to it. I occurs the blue and purple for my colors because it wasn't on the original picture and I didn't think anyone else would do it. I liked the way it was looking after finishing about half of it but knew it would need something more than just the bow. 



So, I added a ribbon. I wanted it to look like this was directly on top of a box so I didn't add perspective or anything to the ribbon. Only highlights and shadows. 


This is the picture I put on the website for the prisma colored pencil contest and I really like how it photographed. I like the background a lot and I think the bow itself is pretty good. I'm very happy with how this turned out and I'm proud to say I don't completely dislike prisma colors now even though I didn't like how long it took and how many layers were required. 




No comments:

Post a Comment