Tuesday, October 28, 2014

interior

 For my Interior space project, I really struggled finding a picture of something real that wasn't simple like the inside of a box or room. I wanted something different. I was on the idea of doing something with the inside of an animal but I didn't want it to be too gory to where people didn't want to look at it. My friend Sammy is a really big fisherman and he took this for me to use. The inside of a fish's mouth seemed interesting to me because of all the different parts inside that humans don't have. I decided to use oils because they blend so well but I was a little unsure of using them because I have such little experience with them.
The canvas I'm using is 16 x 20 so the fish is taking a lot longer to complete than I had anticipated. The pinks and whites in the bottom left hand corner is my favorite part right now and probably will be at the end of it all. I chose to do it off center to the bottom left to be able to create reflections in the eyes and to get the top of the fish's head too. I'm using the warm, fall colors that make the fish look more realistic and like it did just get reeled in from a lake. I enjoy doing this project but all the layers are very tedious and it is starting to make me nervous at how long its taking. 




In this progress picture I have added more of the space in the mouth. The "rib cages" in the mouth are very hard for me to be happy with because they aren't the same in the picture on both sides and that drives me crazy.


 In this next Picture I have taken a break from the inside of the mouth and started working on the background. The water I did to have some contrast with the fish itself because in the picture it was almost the same and I didn't like that.
I used a palette brush for the Lilly pads because I feel like it gives them a blurred look and that's exactly how i wanted it, focused on the fish! I also added some grass because the shore was right there.This is an up close picture of the fish's head. I know its not realistic but i really am happy I went with pinks and purples for the outside of the fish. There were so many bland colors like browns and dark greens and blues, I really wanted to spice it up.


This is the finished product! I really liked the way it turned out, some parts more than others. I liked the Lilly pads, the eyes and the left bottom corner of the entire canvas. I do not think my "ribcage" turned out the way i wanted it to so i might just work on it more later on this year outside of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment