Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Prisma Pencils


 I was honestly terrified when I found out that we had to do a project in color pencil. I had never really tried colored pencils before, let alone prisma colored pencils. Although it was WAY out of my comfort zone, I enjoyed learning about all I can do with them. For my project I took an American flag off of the side of our house and set in on the table. I arranged a whoole bunch of diet cokes, which are my favorite drink, in the flag. Our topic was reflection so I tried to wrinkle the flag up as much as possible for you to still be able to see the cans and what they say but also see a relection of the flag in each can itself.

This was my practice picture and as you can tell, I struggled at first. I didnt know how to blend the pencils well and I didn't realize all of the layers that I had to put on it for the colors to turn out really vivid.




This was my finished project and I was really happy with the way it turned out compared to my practice one. I got the values darker and added more layers and it ended up looking pretty good. I loved getting to learn all about these pencils and how they are different from regular colored pencils. I had fun with it but I do not think I will be revisiting this medium anytime soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment