Monday, October 27, 2014

project #4

 For this project, I decided my medium to be an array of things. watercolor, ink  pen, and photography. All of my summer projects were kind of like this and I loved the way they turned out. I printed out a picture of me before prom last year in black and white with some contrast and highlight edits on the computer. I printed it out on water color paper and started to paint over it and add color where I wanted.

On this practice one I used pen and ink on the dress itself. I liked the way it look by itslef but I liked it better without the pen so the colors would contrast better with the background and really stand out. I also experimented with the water color in the background. I didnt like it at all after I did it so that idea was thrown out.


On this practice I started to experiment more with the pen and some cross-hatching techniques. I really liked the way the bricks turned out and the house in the background. At this point I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted to balance the top and bottom with the semi-empty space in the middle. I also started trying new and brighter water color on the dress and in my hair. I liked it but I couldnt tell if I liked it more or less that the blues and greens I had started with.


The next practice I did I decided to push the bright colors on the dress even more to see if I liked it. To me, it kind of looked like a rainbow dress and I wasnt really a fan. I then decided to stick with the colder colors and just try and still push the highlights. 

 On the left picture there is an upclose of my hair. I added mostly blue and brown to it and some purple to get the colors that show through and just exaggerate them. I worked with water color for these and it was on normal paper so it kind of peeled up. I added reds and pinks to make it look like a cut or where my skin is being peeled off. This could be my favorite thing that I leared from this but I knew it wasn't for this project, it didn't really fit so I'm planning to use that technique on my next project.

This is a picture of it finished. I am extremely happy with the way it turned out. Im glad I decided to go with the cooler colors and keep everything else black and white. I liked being able to portray what I wanted to out of a picture that someone else took of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment